The Health Center at Concordia is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. With an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is clearly a world class nursing home. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the top 500 best facilities in the United States. This facility was also given phenomenal ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Health Center at Concordia
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
7707 West Britton Road,
Oklahoma City OK 73132
89.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for nursing. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This place provided 5.9 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is among the more impressive totals in the country. A significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the most highly skilled levels of nurses. We are very impressed by these figures. In addition to providing impressive levels of care, this place also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. For example, it performed as well as any nursing home in the state in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as good indicators of the quality of nursing care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ long-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to be given multiple A+ category scores. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the impressive quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff at this nursing home, we also were pleased by the nursing home's vaccination statistics. For example, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. This combination proved to be effective as this facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Health Center at Concordia?
Continuing with its first-class performance, this facility also received an A+ inspection grade. This grade is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth category we analyzed was short-term care, where this nursing home received an A-. This rounded out a first-rate profile. Not many facilities received an A- or higher in every single category. In crafting these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. One reason for this facility's strong score in this category is that it provides more care with registered nurses to its residents than the average nursing home. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the facility. This place fared as well as just about any facility in Oklahoma in this area with 56 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Health Center at Concordia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Health Center at Concordia, 8.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Health Center at Concordia, 4.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Health Center at Concordia, 3.63% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Health Center at Concordia, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Health Center at Concordia, 24.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Health Center at Concordia, 3.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Health Center at Concordia, 91.04% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Health Center at Concordia, 14.73% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Health Center at Concordia, 17.09% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Health Center at Concordia, 17.09 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Health Center at Concordia, 15.25 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Health Center at Concordia, 69.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 21 other nursing homes
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.15 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis2.53 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC4.38 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita - Northwest Bethany4.97 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis5.04 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City5.4 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita - Mid-Del Home Training7.14 miles away9320 E Reno Suite A Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 732-0744
- Fmcna - Yukon Jv8.13 miles away1320 W Vandament Ave Yukon Oklahoma 73099CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (405) 350-3751
- Davita - Yukon Dialysis8.4 miles away12801 Nw 10th St Suite 400 Yukon Oklahoma 73099Dialysis Stations: 13 (405) 350-3017