The Hampton at Post Oak turns out to be one of several nursing home options you can choose from in Houston, Texas. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is clearly a very impressive facility. We were not surprised to discover that this turned out to be substantially better than many of the facilities in the city. As you can find below, this nursing home also performed well in our category grades. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Hampton at Post Oak
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well in its overall grade, this facility received high marks in our short-term care rating as well. It received our highest score in that category with a score of A+. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 7.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with a score of A-. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about The Hampton at Post Oak?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. In calculating our nursing ratings, we weigh both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a favorable grade of B. For patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were not able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Hampton at Post Oak Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Hampton at Post Oak, 93.69% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Hampton at Post Oak, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Hampton at Post Oak, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 4.05 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.49 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 4.68 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Houston Galleria Dialysis0.84 miles away5923 Westheimer Rd Houston Texas 77057Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 977-1278
- Kidney Care Center of Houston1.89 miles away4803 Bissonnet Street Bellaire Texas 77401Dialysis Stations: 3 (832) 834-4080
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeast, Lp1.96 miles away5920 Renwick Dr Ste A Houston Texas 77081Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 660-0073
- Dialyspa Vi, LLC2.17 miles away6800 W Loop South Suite 190 Bellaire Texas 77401Dialysis Stations: 1 (281) 501-9081
- Sng - Hillcroft Dialysis Center2.65 miles away6015 Hillcroft, Suite 3000 Houston Texas 77081Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 772-0992
- Fresenius Medical Care Fondren3.09 miles away7011 Regency Square Blvd Houston Texas 77036CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 782-1810
- Dialyspa Medical Center, LLC.3.85 miles away2453 South Braeswood Blvd Suite 100 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 364-1800
- Usrc West University, LLC3.96 miles away9219 Stella Link Houston Texas 77025Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 349-0724