The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com is a very-small non-profit nursing home located in Concord, North Carolina. This facility is among the most elite nursing homes we found. In fact, it received our absolute highest score. In fact, we ranked this facility number 48 in the country. This puts it in the top one percentile of all facilities. As you can find below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
3700 Taylor Glen Lane,
Concord NC 28027
61.25% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing score is primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility boasts a really impressive 10.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day, of which a significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. In addition to providing impressive levels of nursing care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. It performed as well as any nursing home in the nation in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, this first-rate nursing home also fared very well in the category of short-term care. In this category, we gave it a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is typically a meaningful measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. This place excelled at the highest level in two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is definitely an excellent sign. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in North Carolina in this area with 66.5 percent of its patients returning home. With most facilities, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we graded, this facility was given a very favorable grade of A in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility finished off a straight A profile. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We weren't able to track down information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Concord, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Concord, North Carolina has 4 other nursing homes
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.69 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Lake Norman Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away171 Fairview Road Mooresville North Carolina 28117Proprietary(704) 660-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.62 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Harrisburg Dialysis Center1.01 miles away3310 Perry St Concord North Carolina 28027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (704) 792-1144
- Dsi Glenwater Dialysis6.47 miles away9030 Glenwater Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28262CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (704) 503-6900
- Davita Kidney Care6.88 miles away9562 Rocky River Road Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9548
- Copperfield Dialysis7.54 miles away1030 Vinehaven Dr Ne Concord North Carolina 28025CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (704) 795-7552
- Dialysis of Kannapolis10.05 miles away1607 North Main Street Kannapolis North Carolina 28081CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 933-0809
- Davita Sugar Creek10.2 miles away5100 Reagan Dr Suite 10 Charlotte North Carolina 28206Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9823
- North Charlotte10.34 miles away6620 Old Statesville Road Charlotte North Carolina 28269CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (704) 599-1355
- Fmc of North Charlotte10.52 miles away5220 N Tryon Street Charlotte North Carolina 28213CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 596-0680