The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com is located in Concord, North Carolina, a city with a total of 104,595 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our best grades. Based on our assessment, this place is a no brainer for most people. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly perfect. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate assessments in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for its long-term care grade. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. It goes without saying that we were content with what we found for this area.
Does this page answer your questions about The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. The nursing score weighs a host of factors. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home also performed well in the short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B+ in that area. This finalized a first-rate report card. Our short-term care grades are critical for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Gardens of Taylor Glen Ret Com, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Concord, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Concord, North Carolina has 4 other nursing homes
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.69 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Lake Norman Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away171 Fairview Road Mooresville North Carolina 28117Proprietary(704) 660-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.62 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Harrisburg Dialysis Center1.01 miles away3310 Perry St Concord North Carolina 28027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (704) 792-1144
- Dsi Glenwater Dialysis6.47 miles away9030 Glenwater Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28262CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (704) 503-6900
- Davita Kidney Care6.88 miles away9562 Rocky River Road Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9548
- Copperfield Dialysis7.54 miles away1030 Vinehaven Dr Ne Concord North Carolina 28025CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (704) 795-7552
- Dialysis of Kannapolis10.05 miles away1607 North Main Street Kannapolis North Carolina 28081CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 933-0809
- Davita Sugar Creek10.2 miles away5100 Reagan Dr Suite 10 Charlotte North Carolina 28206Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9823
- North Charlotte10.34 miles away6620 Old Statesville Road Charlotte North Carolina 28269CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (704) 599-1355
- Fmc of North Charlotte10.52 miles away5220 N Tryon Street Charlotte North Carolina 28213CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 596-0680