The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center is in Houston, Texas, which appears to have a variety of nursing homes. Featuring an overall score of A+, this is actually ranked among the three highest graded nursing homes in the city. We can't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are impeccable. Keep reading to find this facility's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You really can't do much better than a straight A profile.
The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jul 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. Our nursing score is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional reason we rated this facility so favorably is that it was given an A+ long-term care grade. This is just about as elite as it gets in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a of A+ for its short-term care grade. In crafting these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it earned an A-. This topped off a straight A report card for this place. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hermann Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away1635 North Loop West Houston Texas 77008Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 448-6796
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 5.94 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Heights Dialysis1.6 miles away739 E 20th Street Houston Texas 77008Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 802-0542
- Sng-Renal Solutions Dialysis Center, Lp2.24 miles away2756 West Tc Jester Blvd Houston Texas 77018Dialysis Stations: 10 (713) 680-9056
- Northwest Kidney Center2.33 miles away10985 Northwest Freeway Houston Texas 77092CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 812-1217
- Tc Jester Dialysis2.5 miles away1800 West 26th Street Suite #101 Houston Texas 77008CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 863-0463
- Fresenius Medical Care Ella, LLC2.52 miles away1900 North Loop W Ste 200 Houston Texas 77018CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 773-1717
- Brookhollow Dialysis2.68 miles away4918 West 34th Street Houston Texas 77092CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 681-3043
- Elik Dialysis Home Therapy2.85 miles away1445 North Loop West Suite 720 Houston Texas 77008Dialysis Stations: 1 (713) 861-7500
- Houston Galleria Dialysis2.99 miles away5923 Westheimer Rd Houston Texas 77057Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 977-1278