The Forum at Desert Harbor is a small facility located in Peoria, Arizona. This facility is one of the highest-rated facilities we looked at. In fact, it was given our very best grade. In fact, we ranked this nursing home number 91 in the United States. This puts it in the top one percent of all nursing homes. If you look further down this page, you will see this facility's category scores, which are just as impressive as its overall grade.
The Forum at Desert Harbor
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jul 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for The Forum at Desert Harbor has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Peoria, Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Peoria, Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Peoria, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility has received near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to be awarded more than one A+ category scores. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Forum at Desert Harbor?
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of A. This finished off a very impressive report card. Very few facilities received an A- or higher in every single category. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to locate this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Forum at Desert Harbor Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Forum at Desert Harbor, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Forum at Desert Harbor, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Peoria, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Peoria, Arizona has 5 other nursing homes
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 10.55 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)0.31 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)1.02 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)1.79 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770
- Desert Dialysis Srvs Inc-Sun City (Dva)2.19 miles away13000 N 103rd Ave Ste 66 Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-3131
- Palm Brook Dialysis Center (Dva)2.46 miles away14664 N Del Webb Blvd Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-6550
- Arrowhead Dialysis (Fmc)3.78 miles away16844 N 59th Ave Glendale Arizona 85306Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 439-8200
- Thunderbird Dialysis (Fmc)3.91 miles away5750 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg G #750 Glendale Arizona 85306CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 439-9502
- Sun City West Dialysis (Fmc)4.65 miles away12213 W Bell Road Ste 110 Surprise Arizona 85374Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 583-8865