The Evergreens is in Moorestown, New Jersey. The city has a population of 21,090 people. Featuring an overall rating of A, this facility is one of the most elite nursing homes we looked at. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in New Jersey. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite nursing homes. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category ratings, which are also quite good.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Moorestown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Moorestown, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Moorestown, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we graded this facility so favorably is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is flat out as good as it gets in this area. Short-term care scores are important for people in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Evergreens?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next category, this facility was given an excellent long-term care score. In fact, it received a grade of A- in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave this to chance. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning to the next area, this facility was given a high-end nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a B+ in that category, rounding out one of our more favorable report cards. There are a number of factors within this category. Most of these data points are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Evergreens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Evergreens, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Evergreens, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Evergreens, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Evergreens, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Evergreens, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Evergreens, 6.37% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Evergreens, 89.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Evergreens, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a resident's health.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Evergreens, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Evergreens, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 7.37 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Davita Delran Dialysis2.68 miles away8008 Route 130 North Riverside New Jersey 08075CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (856) 764-0800
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis3.32 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc4.16 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Davita Cherry Hill Dialysis5.27 miles away1030 N Kings Hwy Suite 100 Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 321-0111
- Dva Willingboro5.36 miles away230 Van Sciver Parkway Willingboro New Jersey 08046CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 871-3431
- Bensalem Dialysis Center6.15 miles away1336 Bristol Pike Units 12 &13 Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 638-8671
- Woodhaven Dialysis Center6.15 miles away1336 Bristol Pike, Suite B Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 639-1070
- Davita Merchantville Dialysis6.34 miles away5000 N Crescent Blvd Suite 1a Merchantville New Jersey 08109Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 910-8798