The Evergreens is in Moorestown, New Jersey. The city has a population of 21,090 people. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this facility is one of the most elite nursing homes we looked at. In fact, this nursing home made our top 500 list of the top facilities in the United States, which is an impressive subset of nursing homes. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category ratings, which appear to be equally strong as its overall rating.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Moorestown, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Moorestown, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this very important area. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home performed remarkably in our short-term care rating. We gave them an elite grade of A+ in this area. In our short-term care category, we try to forge a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Evergreens?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade considers numerous factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for its long-term care score. This topped off a very favorable report card. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Evergreens Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Evergreens, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Evergreens, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Evergreens, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Moorestown, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Moorestown, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 7.37 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Davita Delran Dialysis2.68 miles away8008 Route 130 North Riverside New Jersey 08075CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (856) 764-0800
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis3.32 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc4.16 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Davita Cherry Hill Dialysis5.27 miles away1030 N Kings Hwy Suite 100 Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 321-0111
- Dva Willingboro5.36 miles away230 Van Sciver Parkway Willingboro New Jersey 08046CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 871-3431
- Bensalem Dialysis Center6.15 miles away1336 Bristol Pike Units 12 &13 Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 638-8671
- Woodhaven Dialysis Center6.15 miles away1336 Bristol Pike, Suite B Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 639-1070
- Davita Merchantville Dialysis6.34 miles away5000 N Crescent Blvd Suite 1a Merchantville New Jersey 08109Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 910-8798