The Estates of St Louis is an average-sized facility in Saint Louis, Missouri. This facility was given an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Saint Louis, which admittedly is admittedly a bit below average nationally. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
The Estates of St Louis
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home earned an elite long-term care score. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A- in this category, which really helped out its overall score. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 91.791046 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit below what we anticipated but still a decent figure. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This nursing home's second best category grade came in the area of government inspections. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Estates of St Louis?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This facility offered a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area was short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this category. Even with several acceptable scores in other areas, this grade is still of a concern so we felt obligated to make a note of it. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. With its abysmal rating in this area, we were not surprised to find this place provided significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics doomed this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Estates of St Louis Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Estates of St Louis, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Estates of St Louis, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who had UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Estates of St Louis, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Estates of St Louis, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Estates of St Louis, 4.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Estates of St Louis, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Estates of St Louis, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Estates of St Louis, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Estates of St Louis, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Chambers Dialysis0.89 miles away10241 Lewis & Clark Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 868-5982
- Metro St Louis Dialysis Center, LLC1.41 miles away10160 W Florissant Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 869-4978
- Westfall Dialysis1.47 miles away8029 W Florissant Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 382-2869
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast1.96 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322
- Florissant Dialysis2.05 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- North County Kidney Care Dialysis2.73 miles away1554 Sierra Vista Plz Saint Louis Missouri 63138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 438-0864
- Fresenius of Normandy2.81 miles away25 North Oaks Plaza Saint Louis Missouri 63121CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 389-4105
- Metro Dialysis Center - North3.22 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990