The Estates of St Louis is an average-sized facility in Saint Louis, Missouri. This facility was given an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack grade. This place has some things working in its favor. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
The Estates of St Louis
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A for our long-term care score. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.00001 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This nursing home's second best category grade came in the area of government inspections. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Estates of St Louis?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is well below average. Finally, although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did very well in this metric.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this facility a D in this area. Naturally, this score pulled down the facility's overall profile to some degree. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. In this place's case, we found that it provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The last item we considered in this area is the number of residents that returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Estates of St Louis Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Estates of St Louis, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Estates of St Louis, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Estates of St Louis, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Estates of St Louis, 4.11% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Estates of St Louis, 88.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.48 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Chambers Dialysis0.89 miles away10241 Lewis & Clark Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 868-5982
- Metro St Louis Dialysis Center, LLC1.41 miles away10160 W Florissant Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 869-4978
- Westfall Dialysis1.47 miles away8029 W Florissant Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 382-2869
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast1.96 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322
- Florissant Dialysis2.05 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- North County Kidney Care Dialysis2.73 miles away1554 Sierra Vista Plz Saint Louis Missouri 63138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 438-0864
- Fresenius of Normandy2.81 miles away25 North Oaks Plaza Saint Louis Missouri 63121CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 389-4105
- Metro Dialysis Center - North3.22 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990