The Estates at Twin Rivers is located in Anoka, Minnesota, a city with a total of 46,352 people. This is a fine facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid grade. Based on our analysis, this place has quite a bit going for it. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing grade, which we will address in the next section.
The Estates at Twin Rivers
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also received an elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an A. In determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. In calculating these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Estates at Twin Rivers?
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst area was long-term care, which is the last category we scored. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a D. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 98.14815 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable percentage. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Estates at Twin Rivers Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 4.58% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 93.31% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.21 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 16.85 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 17.75 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 17.92 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.2 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.8 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fresenius Medical Care - Champlin1.81 miles away12339 Champlin Dr Champlin Minnesota 55316Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 421-1032
- Fmc - Coon Rapids2.13 miles away3465 Northdale Blvd Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55448Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 862-6088
- Fmc - Round Lake Dialysis4.15 miles away3777 Coon Rapids Blvd Nw Ste 120 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 323-1234
- Coon Rapids Dialysis of Davita4.51 miles away3960 Coon Rapids Blvd, Suite 309 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 421-8717
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita7.06 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804
- Fmc Dialysis - North Suburban7.25 miles away9144 Springbrook Dr Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55433CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 783-0103
- Fmc - Blaine Dialysis7.85 miles away12555 Central Ave Ne Minneapolis Minnesota 55434Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 754-6774
- Central Avenue Dialysis8.09 miles away10994 Baltimore St Ne Minneapolis Minnesota 55449Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 786-5026