The Estates at Twin Rivers is a small nursing home located in Anoka, Minnesota. This is a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our analysis, there are definitely far worse places out there. The best part of this place's report card was its remarkable nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
The Estates at Twin Rivers
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
305 Fremont Street,
Anoka MN 55303
73% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of nursing. We gave it an A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. The nursing grade includes quite a few datapoints, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provided 3.5 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. At least one quarter of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are skilled nurses. This is a high ratio of skilled nursing care. In computing our ratings, we apply more weight to hours provided by more highly trained nurses such as registered nurses. Finally, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home excelled in these areas, with excellent scores for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
This facility's second best category is inspections. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about The Estates at Twin Rivers?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a middle of the road score in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a useful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. We found that it offers more care from registered nurses to its residents than most facilities. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 39.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, we gave this facility a D in the area of long-term care. This was the facility's worst category score. Of course, this score pulled down the facility's overall profile a bit. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinates 97.2477 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. While it had 1.94 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score wasn't bad since it had some more complicated patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Estates at Twin Rivers Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 6.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 4.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 2.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 16.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 12.02% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 4.55% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 94.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 13.22% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 19.91% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 19.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Estates at Twin Rivers, 76.23% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.21 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 16.85 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 17.75 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 17.92 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.2 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.8 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fresenius Medical Care - Champlin1.81 miles away12339 Champlin Dr Champlin Minnesota 55316Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 421-1032
- Fmc - Coon Rapids2.13 miles away3465 Northdale Blvd Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55448Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 862-6088
- Fmc - Round Lake Dialysis4.15 miles away3777 Coon Rapids Blvd Nw Ste 120 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 323-1234
- Coon Rapids Dialysis of Davita4.51 miles away3960 Coon Rapids Blvd, Suite 309 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 421-8717
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita7.06 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804
- Fmc Dialysis - North Suburban7.25 miles away9144 Springbrook Dr Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55433CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 783-0103
- Fmc - Blaine Dialysis7.85 miles away12555 Central Ave Ne Minneapolis Minnesota 55434Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 754-6774
- Central Avenue Dialysis8.09 miles away10994 Baltimore St Ne Minneapolis Minnesota 55449Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 786-5026