The Estates at Chateau is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a good rating. Even in a city with 52 nursing homes, this one should be a quality choice. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
The Estates at Chateau
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an impressive short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Estates at Chateau?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. The nursing category weighs a handful of components, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next category, this nursing home was given an acceptable long-term care grade of B-. Our long-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of nursing services. This means a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 97.01492 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Estates at Chateau Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Estates at Chateau, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Estates at Chateau, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Estates at Chateau, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that experienced UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Estates at Chateau, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Estates at Chateau, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Estates at Chateau, 4.58% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Estates at Chateau, 93.31% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Estates at Chateau, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Estates at Chateau, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Estates at Chateau, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Estates at Chateau, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Estates at Chateau, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Estates at Chateau, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 0.67 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita0.61 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.0.63 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit0.89 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Davita - Uptown1.8 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis1.84 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis2.56 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita2.67 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.38 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847