The Enclave is a large nursing home located in San Antonio, Texas. With an overall rating of B, this facility is a fine choice. This nursing home proved to be one of the better nursing homes in the city. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our short-term care grade. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. It doesn't appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this nursing home earned top notch government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better grades in that area, with an B+. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about The Enclave?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses spend with residents as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care, was this facility's weakest category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. This really was one of just a couple of weak points on an otherwise strong profile. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit worried that this nursing home gave the vaccine to a relatively low 90.74074 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Enclave Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Enclave, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Enclave, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Enclave, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients that have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Enclave, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients that were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Enclave, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Enclave, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Enclave, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Enclave, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Enclave, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In The Enclave, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Enclave, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Enclave, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Enclave, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for San Antonio, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Antonio, Texas has 62 other nursing homes
- Methodist Stone Oak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away1139 E Sonterra Blvd, Ste 535 San Antonio Texas 78258Proprietary(210) 638-2100
- South Texas Spine and Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away18600 North Hardy Oak Blvd San Antonio Texas 78258Government - Hospital District or Authority(210) 404-0800
- Baptist Emergency HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.04 miles away16088 San Pedro San Antonio Texas 78232Proprietary(210) 402-4092
- Legent Orthopedic + SpineAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away5330 North Loop 1604 West San Antonio Texas 78249Proprietary(717) 620-2424
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of San AntonioAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away9522 Huebner Road San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 478-5400
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital NwAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away9150 Huebner Rd Suite 100 San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 575-5000
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away7700 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Proprietary(210) 575-4000
- University Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away4502 Medical Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Government - Hospital District or Authority(210) 358-2637
- Stone Oak Dialysis0.24 miles away731 Carnoustie Drive #101 San Antonio Texas 78258CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 403-2162
- North Central Kidney Disease Center0.86 miles away116 Gallery Circle #102 San Antonio Texas 78258Dialysis Stations: 16 (210) 499-4003
- Broadway Kidney Disease Center6.77 miles away8840 Tradeway San Antonio Texas 78217CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 805-9880
- Sakdc Davita Dialysis Partners Lp7.03 miles away15619 Nacogdoches Rd San Antonio Texas 78247Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 653-9579
- Fmc San Antonio, LLC7.11 miles away5418 N Loop 1604 W Ste 120 San Antonio Texas 78249Dialysis Stations: 13 (210) 561-7879
- Marymount Dialysis Center7.71 miles away2391 Ne Loop 410 Suite #211 San Antonio Texas 78217CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 646-8788
- Kidney Treatment Center Northwest Pa8.35 miles away3939 Medical Drive Suite 110 San Antonio Texas 78229Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 692-3075
- Innovative Dialysis Solutions at Home, Pllc8.45 miles away2795 Bulverde Rd Suite B Bulverde Texas 78163Dialysis Stations: 2 (830) 428-0524