The Elms of Cranbury is an average-sized nursing home in Cranbury, New Jersey. With an overall rating of A, this nursing home is among the highest-rated nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the country. Scroll down to find this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It's hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
The Elms of Cranbury
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Not many facilities performed better in this area. Our short-term care ratings are critical for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Elms of Cranbury?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing score is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this nursing home received an extremely favorable long-term care rating. In fact, we gave it a B+ in that category, finishing off one of our more impressive report cards. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Elms of Cranbury Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Elms of Cranbury, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Elms of Cranbury, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Elms of Cranbury, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Elms of Cranbury, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Elms of Cranbury, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Elms of Cranbury, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Elms of Cranbury, 92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Elms of Cranbury, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Elms of Cranbury, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Elms of Cranbury, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Elms of Cranbury, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Elms of Cranbury, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Elms of Cranbury, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.38 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 18.18 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 18.78 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 19.08 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Dci Monroe1.89 miles away2 Research Way Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 12 (609) 356-7200
- Monroe Township Dialysis2.03 miles away298 Applegarth Rd Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 409-4259
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe3.09 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Davita Princeton Junction Dialysis5.64 miles away88 Princeton Hightstown Road Suite 102 Princeton Junction New Jersey 08550Dialysis Stations: 13 (609) 799-0084
- Davita Plainsboro5.97 miles away100 Plainsboro Road Suite 1a Plainsboro New Jersey 08536Dialysis Stations: 9 (609) 275-5550
- Fmc Princeton6.65 miles away707 Alexander Road Building 3; Suite 301 Princeton New Jersey 08540Dialysis Stations: 15 (609) 520-8995
- Davita East Brunswick7.95 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Davita Franklin Park Dialysis8.92 miles away3079 State Route 27 Unit H Franklin Park New Jersey 08823Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 305-7855