The Courtyards at Pasadena is a large government-owned facility located in Pasadena, Texas. This facility was given an uninspiring overall grade of D, which is a well below average grade. Based on our analysis, this facility may not be a great fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
The Courtyards at Pasadena
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities second most favorable category is short-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this category. This is essentially a middle of the pack score in this area. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is more often than not a useful assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about The Courtyards at Pasadena?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses were with residents, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care, which is this facility's weakest category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 93.869736 percent of its patients, which is somewhat less than we anticipated. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Courtyards at Pasadena Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Courtyards at Pasadena, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Pasadena, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pasadena, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Space City Dialysis Pasadena - Dsi, LLC0.76 miles away3402 Burke Road Suite 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 425-0428
- Pine Park Dialysis0.96 miles away3333 Bayshore Blvd Pasadena Texas 77504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 943-1463
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.1.82 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856
- Lifealysis Kidney Care, LLC2.74 miles away4300 Fairmont Pkwy Ste 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 19 (832) 617-8816
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.2.82 miles away1210 Southmore Ave Pasadena Texas 77502Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 475-6617
- Sng Pasadena Dialysis Center Lp2.94 miles away5040 Crenshaw Road Suite 200 Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 703-0450
- Bayshore Dialysis Center3.17 miles away4901 E Sam Houston Pkwy S Pasadena Texas 77505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 487-0586
- Cloverleaf Dialysis6.51 miles away13525 East Freeway Suite A Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 450-0874