The Center at Cordera is in the large metropolitan area of Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is a great nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. Indeed, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rate it ahead of the majority of the facilities in Colorado Springs. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Center at Cordera
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
9208 Grand Cordera Pkwy,
Colorado Springs CO 80924
84.12% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it received a very impressive short-term care rating. Short-term care is its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our short-term care grade is often employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to offer highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Center at Cordera?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of C. While this is its lowest category rating, this is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. Our long-term care grades are critical for individuals needing non-healthcare services such as personal care. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Center at Cordera Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Center at Cordera, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Center at Cordera, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Colorado Springs, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Colorado Springs, Colorado has 20 other nursing homes
- Uchealth Grandview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away5623 Pulpit Peak View Colorado Springs Colorado 80918Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 272-3623
- Centura Health-Penrose-St Francis Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away2222 North Nevada Ave Colorado Springs Colorado 80907Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 776-5000
- University Colo Health Memorial Hospital CentralAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away1400 E Boulder St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909Government - Local(719) 365-5000
- Cedar Springs Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 12.08 miles away2135 Southgate Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80906Proprietary(719) 633-4114
- Uchealth Pikes Peak Regional HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.31 miles away16420 West Highway 24 Woodland Park Colorado 80863Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 687-9999
- North Colorado Springs Dialysis (Dva)1.93 miles away6071 E Woodmen Rd Ste 100/120 Colorado Springs Colorado 80923Dialysis Stations: 15 (719) 638-1223
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs North (Fmc)4.06 miles away2180 Hollowbrook Dr Colorado Springs Colorado 80918CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 593-2999
- Pikes Peak Dialysis Center (Dva)7.95 miles away2002 Lelaray St Ste 130 Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (719) 471-4615
- Liberty Dialysis Colorado Springs Central (Fmc)7.98 miles away1910 E Lelaray St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (719) 380-4878
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs South (Fmc)9.84 miles away2508 Airport Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (719) 227-7455
- Printers Place Dialysis Center (Dva)9.88 miles away2802 International Cir Colorado Springs Colorado 80910Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 630-0602