The Center at Cordera is in the large metropolitan area of Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is a great nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. Indeed, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rate it ahead of the majority of the facilities in Colorado Springs. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Center at Cordera
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Our nursing grade is largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Center at Cordera?
This facility received a solid inspection report this year as well, with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care, where this nursing home received a C. Even though this ended up being its worst category grade, this is nevertheless not a poor grade. In crafting these long-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's personal care services. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to find information on vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Center at Cordera Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Center at Cordera, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Center at Cordera, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Colorado Springs, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Colorado Springs, Colorado has 21 other nursing homes
- Uchealth Grandview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away5623 Pulpit Peak View Colorado Springs Colorado 80918Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 272-3623
- Centura Health-Penrose-St Francis Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away2222 North Nevada Ave Colorado Springs Colorado 80907Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 776-5000
- University Colo Health Memorial Hospital CentralAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away1400 E Boulder St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909Government - Local(719) 365-5000
- Cedar Springs Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 12.08 miles away2135 Southgate Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80906Proprietary(719) 633-4114
- Uchealth Pikes Peak Regional HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.31 miles away16420 West Highway 24 Woodland Park Colorado 80863Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 687-9999
- North Colorado Springs Dialysis (Dva)1.93 miles away6071 E Woodmen Rd Ste 100/120 Colorado Springs Colorado 80923Dialysis Stations: 15 (719) 638-1223
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs North (Fmc)4.06 miles away2180 Hollowbrook Dr Colorado Springs Colorado 80918CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 593-2999
- Pikes Peak Dialysis Center (Dva)7.95 miles away2002 Lelaray St Ste 130 Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (719) 471-4615
- Liberty Dialysis Colorado Springs Central (Fmc)7.98 miles away1910 E Lelaray St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (719) 380-4878
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs South (Fmc)9.84 miles away2508 Airport Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (719) 227-7455
- Printers Place Dialysis Center (Dva)9.88 miles away2802 International Cir Colorado Springs Colorado 80910Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 630-0602