The Center at Centerplace is a small nursing home located in Greeley, Colorado. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the country. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Center at Centerplace
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
4356 24th St Rd,
Greeley CO 80634
79.25% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a strong facility is that it received a very impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections is its best category grade. In that category, we gave it a grade of A. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we have deficiency data for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without having all of the deficiency data, it ended up being challenging to assess it in the inspections category.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Center at Centerplace?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given impressive grades in the category of short-term care also. Indeed, it received one of our strongest grades in that category with a area of A-. Our short-term care scores are probably more critical for individuals in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, we gave this nursing home a D for our long-term care category. This was the facility's least impressive category rating. However, you should not over-emphasize a single bad area. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 90.47619 percent of its residents. This is significantly below what we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Center at Centerplace Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Center at Centerplace, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Center at Centerplace, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Center at Centerplace, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Center at Centerplace, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Center at Centerplace, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Center at Centerplace, 84.62% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Center at Centerplace, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Center at Centerplace, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Center at Centerplace, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Greeley, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Greeley, Colorado has 3 other nursing homes
- North Colorado Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.34 miles away1801 - 16th St Greeley Colorado 80631Voluntary non-profit - Private(970) 810-4121
- Medical Center of the RockiesAcute Care Hospitals 13.43 miles away2500 Rocky Mountain Avenue Loveland Colorado 80538Voluntary non-profit - Private(970) 624-2500
- Mckee Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.15 miles away2000 Boise Ave Loveland Colorado 80538Voluntary non-profit - Private(970) 669-4640
- Banner Fort Collins Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away4700 Lady Moon Drive Fort Collins Colorado 80528Voluntary non-profit - Other(970) 821-4000
- Greeley Dialysis (Fmc)1.57 miles away2343 W 27th St Ste 503 Greeley Colorado 80634CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (970) 330-6100
- Greeley Dialysis (Dva)2.14 miles away2812 W 10th St Greeley Colorado 80634Dialysis Stations: 12 (970) 352-9072
- North Greeley Dialysis (Fmc)3.16 miles away1212 9th St Greeley Colorado 80631Dialysis Stations: 17 (970) 356-5704
- Northern Colorado Home Therapy Dialysis (Fmc)13.18 miles away5285 Mcwhinney Blvd #190 Loveland Colorado 80538Dialysis Stations: 4 (970) 667-0596
- Loveland Central Dialysis (Dva)15.82 miles away1453 N Denver Ave Loveland Colorado 80538Dialysis Stations: 12 (970) 663-4607
- Loveland Dialysis (Fmc)17.16 miles away2940 Ginnala Dr Loveland Colorado 80538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (970) 663-9155
- Northern Colorado Kidney Center (Fmc)19.11 miles away2107 S. Timberline Rd Fort Collins Colorado 80525Dialysis Stations: 20 (970) 482-2161
- Davita Fort Collins Dialysis19.76 miles away1601 Prospect Parkway Suite 180 Fort Collins Colorado 80525Dialysis Stations: 13 (970) 493-0753