The Center at Centennial is in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This city is one of the most densely populated cities in the country with has a population of 525,713 people. With an A overall grade, we rated this facility in the top fifth of all facilities in the United States. In spite of Colorado Springs offering 22 other nursing homes available, this facility jumped off the page as a first-rate choice. This nursing home was also given phenomenal ratings in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Center at Centennial
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care grade is often used to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning residents even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about The Center at Centennial?
This facility has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this area. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. A deficiency-free inspection report is what we look for.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Center at Centennial Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Center at Centennial, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Center at Centennial, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Colorado Springs, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Colorado Springs, Colorado has 21 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Penrose-St Francis Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away2222 North Nevada Ave Colorado Springs Colorado 80907Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 776-5000
- Uchealth Grandview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away5623 Pulpit Peak View Colorado Springs Colorado 80918Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 272-3623
- University Colo Health Memorial Hospital CentralAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away1400 E Boulder St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909Government - Local(719) 365-5000
- Cedar Springs Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 5.76 miles away2135 Southgate Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80906Proprietary(719) 633-4114
- Uchealth Pikes Peak Regional HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.77 miles away16420 West Highway 24 Woodland Park Colorado 80863Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 687-9999
- Liberty Dialysis Colorado Springs Central (Fmc)3.43 miles away1910 E Lelaray St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (719) 380-4878
- Pikes Peak Dialysis Center (Dva)3.49 miles away2002 Lelaray St Ste 130 Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (719) 471-4615
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs North (Fmc)4.31 miles away2180 Hollowbrook Dr Colorado Springs Colorado 80918CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 593-2999
- Printers Place Dialysis Center (Dva)4.95 miles away2802 International Cir Colorado Springs Colorado 80910Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 630-0602
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs South (Fmc)5.16 miles away2508 Airport Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (719) 227-7455
- North Colorado Springs Dialysis (Dva)8.09 miles away6071 E Woodmen Rd Ste 100/120 Colorado Springs Colorado 80923Dialysis Stations: 15 (719) 638-1223