Located in Southlake, Texas, The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park is one of just a couple facilities in the area. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. Based on our assessment, there are definitely much worse places out there. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in this category with a grade of A-. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category scores was in the category of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B+. In crafting these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an D. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final area, this nursing home really didn't fare well. With an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is this facility's worst area. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients who sustained UTI's. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 4.66% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 94.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 3.49 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away10864 Texas Health Trail Keller Texas 76244Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 212-2000
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Keller Dialysis2.75 miles away11000 Old Denton Road Keller Texas 76248Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 337-5483
- Dialysis Services of Grapevine3.74 miles away1601 Hart Court Southlake Texas 76092Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 329-1866
- Grapevine Dialysis5.51 miles away1651 W. Northwest Hwy Grapevine Texas 76051CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 251-0675
- Renal Center of Keller, LLC5.77 miles away10708 Victoria Ash Dr Keller Texas 76244Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 431-6533
- Ar - Grapevine Kidney Center, LLC5.87 miles away1270 William D. Tate Ave Suite 300 Grapevine Texas 76051Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 421-6326
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center6.15 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Keller6.31 miles away4420 Heritage Trace Pkwy Ste 312 Keller Texas 76244CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 993-6516
- North Hills Dialysis7.06 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861