The Broadmoor at Creekside Park is a nursing home located in Spring, Texas which has a total of 316,665 people. Sporting an overall rating of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Spring. The city has just two other nursing homes. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Broadmoor at Creekside Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
5665 Creekside Forest Drive,
Spring TX 77389
104.73% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we did not rate this nursing home favorably overall, we want to draw your attention to its relatively favorable short-term care rating. We awarded it a B in this area, which was much better than its overall score. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
We actually gave this nursing home a very solid grade in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many nursing homes in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about The Broadmoor at Creekside Park?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Our nursing score analyzes a handful of subcategories, but the paramount consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care, which ended up being a low point for this nursing home. We awarded this nursing home a D for long-term care. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 99.572655 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Broadmoor at Creekside Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a fall resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 9.04 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Cypress Creek Dialysis2.68 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262
- Bio-Medical Application of Texas, Inc.3.63 miles away26865 Interstate 45 Ste 100 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 363-5031
- The Woodlands Dialysis Center3.96 miles away9301 Pinecroft Dr Suite 130 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 292-6788
- College Park Dialysis5.27 miles away17191 St Lukes Way Suite 100 Conroe Texas 77384CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (936) 273-3350
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC5.28 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Kadden Dialysis, LLC6.06 miles away2950 Fm 2920 Rd Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 907-6269
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.7.98 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Tomball Dialysis Center8.24 miles away27720 a Tomball Pky Tomball Texas 77375CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 351-6802