The Broadmoor at Creekside Park is a nursing home located in Spring, Texas which has a total of 316,665 people. Sporting an overall rating of C, this looks like a decent nursing home. Based on our assessment, this nursing home should be a good fit for most people. The best part of this place's report card was is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
The Broadmoor at Creekside Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection score which is better than its overall grade. Inspection grades are tied to a facility's recent government inspections. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This place received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable grade in our short-term care category. We gave this facility an above average grade of B in that category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is generally a reliable measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Broadmoor at Creekside Park?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing rating. In fact, we gave this nursing home a score of D. Our nursing grade consists of many components, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care, which turned out to be a weak link for this facility. We awarded this facility a grade of D in long-term care. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Broadmoor at Creekside Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 4.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Broadmoor at Creekside Park, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Spring, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Spring, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 9.04 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Cypress Creek Dialysis2.68 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262
- Bio-Medical Application of Texas, Inc.3.63 miles away26865 Interstate 45 Ste 100 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 363-5031
- The Woodlands Dialysis Center3.96 miles away9301 Pinecroft Dr Suite 130 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 292-6788
- College Park Dialysis5.27 miles away17191 St Lukes Way Suite 100 Conroe Texas 77384CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (936) 273-3350
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC5.28 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Kadden Dialysis, LLC6.06 miles away2950 Fm 2920 Rd Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 907-6269
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.7.98 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Tomball Dialysis Center8.24 miles away27720 a Tomball Pky Tomball Texas 77375CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 351-6802