The Bradley Gardens is located in San Jacinto, California. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a well below average facility. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in San Jacinto. The only positive thing we can really say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
The Bradley Gardens
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't give this nursing home a good overall score, we actually gave it a strong grade in the area of inspections, where it earned a B. Inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of C in the area. Our nursing rating is largely tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures. Although this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared well in this statistic. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about The Bradley Gardens?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category ended up being short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on quality of care. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care, is this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this category. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 97.70992 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Bradley Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Bradley Gardens, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Bradley Gardens, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Bradley Gardens, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Bradley Gardens, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Bradley Gardens, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Bradley Gardens, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Bradley Gardens, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Bradley Gardens, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Bradley Gardens, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Bradley Gardens, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 14.59 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.21 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center1.57 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Hemet2.68 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont10.4 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis10.65 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis12.19 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis12.94 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Fmc-Moreno Valley14.35 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis15.49 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844