The Bradley Court is in El Cajon, California. We awarded this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. Even with El Cajon featuring 12 other nursing homes to choose from, this facility managed to stand out as a fine selection. This place also received consistently good grades in all four of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
The Bradley Court
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in El Cajon, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for nursing. Nursing grades are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about The Bradley Court?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, this nursing home was awarded an excellent short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a score of A- in this area. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility also performed admirably in the long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for that area. This rounded out a first-rate report card. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Bradley Court Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Bradley Court, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Bradley Court, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Bradley Court, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Bradley Court, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Bradley Court, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Bradley Court, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Bradley Court, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Bradley Court, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Bradley Court, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In The Bradley Court, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Bradley Court, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for El Cajon, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? El Cajon, California has 11 other nursing homes
- Grossmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away5555 Grossmont Center Drive Box 58 La Mesa California 91942Government - Hospital District or Authority(619) 465-0711
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 12.66 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Uc San Diego Health Hillcrest - Hillcrest Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Other(619) 543-6222
- Fmc-Rai-Fletcher Parkway-El Cajon1.42 miles away858 Fletcher Parkway El Cajon California 92020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (619) 442-4122
- Fmc-Balboa East County1.55 miles away570 N. Second Street El Cajon California 92021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 588-7500
- Fmc-La Mesa Dialysis Center3.46 miles away5995 Severin Drive La Mesa California 91942CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 462-9992
- Davita-College Dialysis7.38 miles away6535 University Avenue San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 287-8796
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of College7.43 miles away5961 University Avenue Suite 317 San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (619) 286-0821
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego8.14 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Paradise10.36 miles away6919 Paradise Valley Road San Diego California 92139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 475-2872
- Childrens Hospital of San Diego10.48 miles away3020 Childrens Way, Mc 5115 San Diego California 92123Dialysis Stations: 5 (858) 966-8882