The Belmont at Twin Creeks is an average-sized facility located in Allen, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
The Belmont at Twin Creeks
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best grades in that area with an A. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a positive grade in short-term care. This nursing home earned a B+ in this category, which turns out to be one of our better scores. Short-term care grades are critical for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Belmont at Twin Creeks?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. We gave this facility an impressive grade of D. In calculating a facility's nursing score, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This number is far below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive category. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this area, which is clearly very disappointing. For patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Belmont at Twin Creeks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Belmont at Twin Creeks, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Medical City MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away4500 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069Proprietary(972) 547-8000
- Methodist Mckinney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away8000 W Eldorado Pkwy Bldg C Suite C Mckinney Texas 75070Proprietary(214) 491-5710
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away5252 West University Drive Mckinney Texas 75071Voluntary non-profit - Private(469) 764-2200
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 7.39 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Dialysis Services of Allen0.23 miles away925 Exchange Parkway Allen Texas 75013Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 908-2769
- Allen Dialysis1.36 miles away201 South Jupiter Road Allen Texas 75002Dialysis Stations: 21 (469) 342-6709
- Mckinney Dialysis4.06 miles away4717 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 542-0495
- Ellsworth Dialysis LLC4.12 miles away4601 Medical Center Dr Ste G Mckinney Texas 75069Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 945-1890
- Us Renal Care Plano Dialysis6.34 miles away4108 W 15th Street Suite 100 Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 209-0355
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis6.45 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC6.76 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Plano on Custer Dialysis7.27 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047