Mission Point of Cranbrook is located in Detroit, Michigan. The city offers many options. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A grade in this range requires some decent scores. If you take a look at the other options in Detroit, we hope you will find this place to be a more appealing option than most of the nursing homes in the city. This city simply does not have a great selection of nursing homes. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its strong nursing score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Mission Point of Cranbrook
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Aug 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Part of the reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received a very favorable nursing score. Its nursing grade ended up being its best category. In that area, we gave this facility a B+. The nursing grade includes quite a few components, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving residents more frequently.
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it earned an B+. Our inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's inspections. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Mission Point of Cranbrook?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In computing our long-term care scores, we size up the assistance with daily living offered to the facility's residents. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, this facility vaccinated a relatively low 67.54386 percent of its residents for pneumonia. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final area we assessed. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. In our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this place is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. The last item we considered in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mission Point of Cranbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 3.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 91.43% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mission Point of Cranbrook, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Detroit, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Detroit, Michigan has 22 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 5.66 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Davita - Highland Park2.79 miles away64 Victor St Highland Park Michigan 48203Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 852-7700
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC3.27 miles away23231 John R Road Hazel Park Michigan 48030Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 399-0737
- State Fair Dialysis - Davita3.28 miles away19800 Woodward Ave Highland Park Michigan 48203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (313) 893-8610
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights3.78 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- New Center Dialysis of Davita4.41 miles away7700 2nd Ave Ste 130 Detroit Michigan 48202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (313) 870-9473
- Fmc Dialysis - University4.46 miles away18430 Livernois Ave Detroit Michigan 48221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 341-4366
- Greenfield Hs - Detroit West Pavilion4.83 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (313) 916-7062
- Davita - Motor City Dialysis5.23 miles away4727 Saint Antoine St Suite 101 Detroit Michigan 48201Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 831-6842