The Atrium at Navesink Harbor is a small non-profit nursing home located in Red Bank, New Jersey. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the top nursing homes we found. In fact, it received our absolute highest grade. In our view, this place looks like a great choice for most people. Headlining this place's remarkable report card is its long-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
The Atrium at Navesink Harbor
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Red Bank, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Red Bank, New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Red Bank, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of long-term care, where it earned an A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. This is one of the few places to receive multiple A+ category grades. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Atrium at Navesink Harbor?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was short-term care. This nursing home also received an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few facilities to be awarded several A+ category grades. Our short-term care grades are thought to be more critical for patients in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The last area we rated was nursing, where this facility received a grade of A. This completed a very strong profile. Few facilities received an A- or higher in every category. Our nursing rating weighs quite a few components, however, the main one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Atrium at Navesink Harbor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 5.95% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.05 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.23 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Coney Island Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.3 miles away2601 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235Government - Local(718) 616-3000
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 19.52 miles away2525 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 692-5302
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank0.46 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc0.51 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900
- Davita Atlantic Akc5.32 miles away6 Industrial Way West Suite B Eatontown New Jersey 07724CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (732) 460-1414
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis7.54 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Dialyze Direct8.51 miles away3297 State Route 66 Neptune New Jersey 07753Dialysis Stations: 7 (732) 806-9990
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan9.47 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Shining Star Davita Neptune Dc9.8 miles away2180 Bradley Avenue Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 775-2725
- Matawan Dialysis10.03 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085