The Army Residence Community Health Care Center is a facility located in San Antonio, Texas which has 1,585,405 people. This facility is among the top facilities we looked at. This nursing home was given one of the best scores that we offer. Based on our assessment, this place is simply as good as it gets. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar profile is its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
The Army Residence Community Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
7400 Crestway Dr,
San Antonio TX 78239
52.19% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for nursing. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded a first-rate grade of A in our short-term care area. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Army Residence Community Health Care Center?
We awarded this facility an impressive grade of A for inspections. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care. This facility received a strong long-term care grade this year, with a B-. While this isn't quite as impressive as some of its other scores, this remains a decent rating for this category. Our long-term care scores are more important for people needing more traditional assistance associated with personal care. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 94.48276 percent of its patients. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Army Residence Community Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that have sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 94.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Army Residence Community Health Care Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for San Antonio, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Antonio, Texas has 61 other nursing homes
- Brooke Army Medical Center (Ft Sam Houston)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.17 miles away3551 Roger Brooke Drive San Antonio Texas 78234Department of Defense(210) 916-4141
- Baptist Emergency HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away16088 San Pedro San Antonio Texas 78232Proprietary(210) 402-4092
- Methodist Stone Oak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away1139 E Sonterra Blvd, Ste 535 San Antonio Texas 78258Proprietary(210) 638-2100
- South Texas Spine and Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away18600 North Hardy Oak Blvd San Antonio Texas 78258Government - Hospital District or Authority(210) 404-0800
- Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away111 Dallas Street San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 297-8256
- Nix Health Care SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away414 Navarro, Suite 600 San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 271-2188
- Children's Hospital of San AntonioChildrens 11.4 miles away333 N Santa Rosa St San Antonio Texas 78207Voluntary non-profit - Private(210) 704-3342
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away7700 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Proprietary(210) 575-4000
- Fmc - Village Oaks Kidney Disease Clinc1.57 miles away11701 Toepperwein Rd San Antonio Texas 78233CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (210) 655-4005
- Live Oak Dialysis2.21 miles away6700 Randolph Blvd Suite 101 San Antonio Texas 78233CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 590-0103
- Marymount Dialysis Center4.67 miles away2391 Ne Loop 410 Suite #211 San Antonio Texas 78217CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 646-8788
- Sakdc Davita Dialysis Partners Lp4.84 miles away15619 Nacogdoches Rd San Antonio Texas 78247Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 653-9579
- Kirby Kidney Disease Center5.54 miles away4653 Binz Engleman Road Suite #2 San Antonio Texas 78219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (210) 661-0201
- Rsa Schertz6.76 miles away5000 Baptist Health Dr Suite 124 Schertz Texas 78154Dialysis Stations: 16 (210) 659-6070
- Broadway Kidney Disease Center6.96 miles away8840 Tradeway San Antonio Texas 78217CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 805-9880
- Us Renal Care Houston Street Dialysis9.92 miles away2011 E. Houston, Suite 102d San Antonio Texas 78202CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (210) 225-0004