The Arbour at Westminster Manor is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Austin, Texas. This proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. Even in a city of 26 other nursing homes, this nursing home is appealing. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
The Arbour at Westminster Manor
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. It does not appear that we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having all of the information regarding deficiencies for this nursing home, it is a challenge to evaluate it in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given a favorable short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our higher scores in that category with a grade of B+. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is frequently a fair measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Arbour at Westminster Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was given favorable long-term care grades in our assessment. Indeed, we gave it one of our stronger scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we analyzed was nursing, where we awarded it a favorable grade of B. This facility truly doesn't have any weak grades. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Arbour at Westminster Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have suffered from urinary tract infections. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 4.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Arbour at Westminster Manor, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 0.86 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 3.14 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Arise Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away3003 Bee Caves Road Austin Texas 78746Voluntary non-profit - Other(512) 347-9888
- The Hospital at Westlake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away5656 Bee Caves Road, Suite M-302 Austin Texas 78746Proprietary(512) 327-0000
- St David's South Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away901 West Ben White Blvd Austin Texas 78704Proprietary(512) 448-7107
- Moncrief Dialysis Center1.13 miles away800 West 34th Street Suite 101 Austin Texas 78705Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 485-7872
- Waterloo Dialysis Center1.26 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas2.94 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213
- Satellite Healthcare Mueller3.57 miles away1801 East 51st Street Bldg G Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (512) 927-0300
- Bluebonnet Dialysis4.25 miles away3601 Manor Rd Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (512) 926-7378
- Satellite Dialysis Metric5.01 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- El Milagro Dialysis Center5.97 miles away2800 S Ih 35 Suite 120 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 448-9750
- Fresenius Medical Care Austin South6.28 miles away621 Radam Ln Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 707-7601