The Arboretum at the Woodlands is located in Greenville, South Carolina, a city with a population of 201,862 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the highest-graded facilities we assessed. In fact, it received our very best score. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the top 25 nursing homes in South Carolina. Headlining this place's remarkable report card is its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
The Arboretum at the Woodlands
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. We weren't able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received strong marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our most impressive grades in that category with a score of A+. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Arboretum at the Woodlands?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its first-rate assessment, this facility also was given a superb long-term care score, with a grade of A. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In our last area, this nursing home also was given a first-rate nursing score, with an A-. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Nursing grades are primarily associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place South Carolina in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Arboretum at the Woodlands Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 9.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 3.18% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 15.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 19.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 2.85% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 88.92% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 14.02% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 20.24% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 20.24 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Arboretum at the Woodlands, 73.11% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Greenville, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Greenville, South Carolina has 11 other nursing homes
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away830 South Buncombe Road Greer South Carolina 29650Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 848-8200
- Pelham Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away250 Westmoreland Road Greer South Carolina 29651Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away200 Fleetwood Drive Easley South Carolina 29640Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 442-7606
- Prisma Health Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away741 South East Main Street Simpsonville South Carolina 29681Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 454-6100
- Cannon Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.46 miles away123 W G Acker Drive Pickens South Carolina 29671Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 878-4791
- Rcg Greenville Dialysis Center2.08 miles away297 Pete Hollis Blvd. Greenville South Carolina 29601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 232-9456
- Greenville Dialysis Clinic, LLC3.62 miles away220-a Howe Street Greenville South Carolina 29601Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 271-2002
- Upstate Dialysis Center4.25 miles away308 Mills Ave Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (864) 271-3700
- Dsi Greenville Renal Center5.34 miles away1004 Grove Road Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (864) 242-0802
- Dsi Travelers Rest Dialysis5.39 miles away36 S Main St Travelers Rest South Carolina 29690Dialysis Stations: 13 (864) 660-2050
- Dsi Pleasantburg Dialysis6.75 miles away110 Chalmers Dr Ste C Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (864) 558-2365
- Dsi Home Dialysis Pleasantburg6.75 miles away110 Chalmers Road, Suite D Greenville South Carolina 29605Dialysis Stations: 3 (864) 558-2375
- Dsi Greenville, LLC8.12 miles away121 Commerce Blvd Easley South Carolina 29642Dialysis Stations: 4 (864) 859-7902