With an address in Englewood, New Jersey, The Actors Fund Home is one of a mere two nursing homes in the city. This is a grade A facility, which is a dominant score. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. The best part of this facility's impressive profile is its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
The Actors Fund Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
175 West Hudson Ave,
Englewood NJ 07631
82.71% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this proved to be a great nursing home is that it earned a very impressive long-term care grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.22064 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility was given a superb grade of A in our short-term care category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Actors Fund Home?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The fourth area we assessed was nursing, where this nursing home was given a grade of B+. This wrapped up an elite report card. Only a select few nursing homes received a B+ or higher in all four categories. There are many criteria within this category. Many of these factors relate to staffing levels. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Actors Fund Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Actors Fund Home, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Actors Fund Home, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Actors Fund Home, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Actors Fund Home, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Actors Fund Home, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Actors Fund Home, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Actors Fund Home, 91.97% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Actors Fund Home, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Actors Fund Home, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In The Actors Fund Home, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Actors Fund Home, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Actors Fund Home, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Actors Fund Home, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- Fmc Englewood Dialysis Center1.25 miles away350 Engle Street Fl 1 Englewood New Jersey 07631CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 503-1401
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood1.89 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home2.65 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC2.65 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Fmc Bergen Rcc3.04 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack4.21 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Southern Westchester Dialysis Ctr4.23 miles away44 Vark Street Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (914) 965-0200
- St. Josephs Hosp. Hlth Ctr-Yonkers4.29 miles away127 South Broadway Dialysis Unit Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 6 (914) 378-7480