Terrace View Gardens is an average-sized nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. We gave this facility a C overall, which isn't a bad grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Cincinnati, which is a B-. This nursing home has some things working in its favor. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Terrace View Gardens
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection ratings are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to point out that this facility was awarded positive long-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our higher scores in this area, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second highest grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 76.9953 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Terrace View Gardens?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. The nursing score is based on several datapoints, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care, which proved to be a weak link for this nursing home. We gave this facility a grade of just D for short-term care. In forming these short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we learned that this facility offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average nursing home. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Terrace View Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Terrace View Gardens, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Terrace View Gardens, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Terrace View Gardens, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Terrace View Gardens, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Terrace View Gardens, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Terrace View Gardens, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Terrace View Gardens, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Terrace View Gardens, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Terrace View Gardens, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Terrace View Gardens, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Terrace View Gardens, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Terrace View Gardens, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Terrace View Gardens, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 73 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 5.76 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- St Elizabeth FlorenceAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away4900 Houston Road Florence Kentucky 41042Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 212-5220
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- Dci - Western Hills1.34 miles away6432 Glenway Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45211Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 598-9050
- Davita - Western Hills Dialysis1.54 miles away3267 Westbourne Ave. Cincinnati Ohio 45248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 347-0444
- Davita - Delhi Dialysis2.75 miles away5040 Delhi Pike Cincinnati Ohio 45238CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 922-5900
- Davita - White Oak Home Dialysis4.02 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 385-3580
- Davita - White Oak Dialysis4.02 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 741-1062
- Borrego Dialysis LLC4.76 miles away6909 Good Samaritan Dr. Suite C Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 353-0237
- Cinld, LLC5.13 miles away1555 Goodman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45224Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-2018
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis5.47 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900