Terrace View Care Center is a small nursing home located in Fullerton, California. We awarded this nursing home an overall rating of A-, making it ranked among the top three nursing homes in Fullerton. We simply can not say enough great things about this facility. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Terrace View Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
201 East Bastanchury,
Fullerton CA 92835
86.44% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall rating, this facility excelled in inspections, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We awarded it an A in that area. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many impressive scores, this facility was given a top-shelf short-term care score. In fact, it received a grade of A in that category. In our short-term care category, we strive to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Terrace View Care Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, this nursing home was awarded an excellent long-term care score. While this wasn't nearly as dominant as some of its other scores, this is still one of the stronger scores a facility can receive. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths for the senior population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Terrace View Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Terrace View Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Terrace View Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Terrace View Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients who have had a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Terrace View Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Terrace View Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Terrace View Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Terrace View Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Terrace View Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Terrace View Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Terrace View Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Terrace View Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Terrace View Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Fullerton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fullerton, California has 6 other nursing homes
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis0.27 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic1.47 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center2.11 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center2.38 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis2.75 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Fmc-Orange County Home3.19 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.38 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita La Habra Dialysis3.74 miles away1611 W Whittier Blvd La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 267-0430