Terrace View Care Center is a small nursing home located in Fullerton, California. With an B+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the United States. This place truly has plenty working in its favor. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Terrace View Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially would like to emphasize its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded it an impressive grade of A in this area. Our inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A-. Only a select group of nursing homes performed better in this category. Our short-term care ratings are probably most meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Terrace View Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we graded is nursing. In that area, we gave this facility a very solid grade of B. Our nursing score consists of many components, but the main one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Terrace View Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Terrace View Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Terrace View Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Terrace View Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Terrace View Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Terrace View Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Terrace View Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Terrace View Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Terrace View Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Terrace View Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Terrace View Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Terrace View Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Terrace View Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Fullerton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fullerton, California has 6 other nursing homes
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis0.27 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic1.47 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center2.11 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center2.38 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis2.75 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Fmc-Orange County Home3.19 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.38 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita La Habra Dialysis3.74 miles away1611 W Whittier Blvd La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 267-0430