Temple City Healthcare is one of only three available facilities in Temple City, California. We awarded this nursing home an overall score of A, resulting in it being the number one rated facility in the city. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this facility. Headlining this nursing home's stellar report card is its long-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Temple City Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Temple City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in long-term care. We gave them an A+ in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Temple City Healthcare?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. The nursing score weighs a handful of components, however, the most important one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home rounded out a very favorable profile. Short-term care grades are often used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. It doesn't look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Temple City Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Temple City Healthcare, 3.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Temple City Healthcare, 2.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Temple City Healthcare, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Temple City Healthcare, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Temple City Healthcare, 20.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Temple City Healthcare, 0.56% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Temple City Healthcare, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Temple City Healthcare, 13.17% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Temple City Healthcare, 4.27% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Temple City Healthcare, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Temple City Healthcare, 4.27% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Temple City Healthcare, 3.06% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Temple City Healthcare, 83.17% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 2.74 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.1.48 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis2.89 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Greater El Monte Dialysis Center2.96 miles away1938 Tyler Avenue, Suite J-168 South El Monte California 91733CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (626) 350-6692
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center3.15 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Fmc-El Monte3.44 miles away11204 E. Rush Street South El Monte California 91733Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 582-1121
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC3.77 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.3.78 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Advanced Dialysis Center4.07 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333