Temple City Healthcare is one of only three available facilities in Temple City, California. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this is the number one rated facility in the city. Based on our ratings, you can do much worse than this place. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Temple City Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
5101 Tyler Avenue,
Temple City CA 91780
88.98% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this place also excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A. Not many facilities fared better in this category. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This facility was hit with 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A- for our long-term care score. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Temple City Healthcare?
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a decent grade of B-. This actually turned out to be this facility's least impressive category. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Temple City Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Temple City Healthcare, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Temple City Healthcare, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Temple City Healthcare, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents which have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Temple City Healthcare, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Temple City Healthcare, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Temple City Healthcare, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Temple City Healthcare, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Temple City Healthcare, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Temple City Healthcare, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients well-being.
In Temple City Healthcare, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Temple City Healthcare, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Temple City Healthcare, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Temple City Healthcare, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 2.74 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.1.48 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis2.89 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Greater El Monte Dialysis Center2.96 miles away1938 Tyler Avenue, Suite J-168 South El Monte California 91733CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (626) 350-6692
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center3.15 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Fmc-El Monte3.44 miles away11204 E. Rush Street South El Monte California 91733Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 582-1121
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC3.77 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.3.78 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Advanced Dialysis Center4.07 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333