Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Lutz, Florida, a city with 57,430 people. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this is a strong facility. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities nationally. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received an elite nursing grade. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an A. Our nursing score is based on quite a few factors, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a resident at least once a day.
This nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections. We gave it an A- for that area. Inspection scores are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Facilities that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation ?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in our short-term care category as well. As a result, we gave it a grade of A- for that area, which is one of our most elite grades. In determining our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is considered to be a fair assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an acceptable grade of B-. This actually is this nursing home's least impressive area. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to grade a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who have experienced falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 2.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 94.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 13.07% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tampa Lakes Health and Rehabilitation , 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.93 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 14.34 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.03 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis2.69 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Dialysis3.46 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Usf Dialysis Center4.45 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Temple Terrace Dialysis4.83 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center5.23 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa5.56 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Land O Lakes Dialysis6.47 miles away2100 via Bella Blvd Suite# 104 Land O Lakes Florida 34639CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 948-8157
- Fmc - Ybor City7.24 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859