With an address in Renton, Washington, Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare is one of a mere three facilities in this city. This nursing home received an overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Keep in mind that Renton received a city grade of B, so should consider some other options in the city as well. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we gave it an A- for our nursing rating. This score is much better than the facility's overall rating. Our nursing rating includes numerous subcategories. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive grade in our short-term care category. We gave this facility an above average grade of B+ in that category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare?
Unfortunately, this nursing home received very poor government inspections in recent years, causing them to receive an F for inspections. An F in this category is usually a sign that there were red flags on the nursing home's inspection reports. With places that received this poor of an inspection rating, we would scrutinize the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This nursing home had 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 26 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel score in this area as well. Sadly, it received an F in this category, which is definitely a major disappointment. Nursing homes that do not score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 85.171104 percent of its patients. This is multiple points lower than what we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 13.68% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 93.98% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 0.96 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Talbot Center for Rehab & Healthcare, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.11 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- Swedish IssaquahAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah Washington 98029Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 313-4000
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.54 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Kent Community Dialysis Center2.51 miles away21851 84th Ave S Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 872-5474
- Nkc Renton Kidney Center2.63 miles away602 Oakesdale Ave Sw Renton Washington 98057CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (425) 251-0647
- Nkc Seatac Kidney Center3.87 miles away17900 International Blvd Ste 301 Seattle Washington 98188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (206) 901-8700
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center4.77 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Total Renal Care, Inc5.05 miles away4110 Ne 4th St Ste E Renton Washington 98059Dialysis Stations: 7 (425) 226-2408
- Total Renal Care, Inc7.3 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center8.33 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Westwood Dialysis Center9.22 miles away2615 Sw Trenton St Seattle Washington 98126Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 938-6738