Symphony of Hanover Park is a large facility located in Hanover Park, Illinois. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some decent scores. This facility has some things working in its favor. The best part of this place's report card was is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Symphony of Hanover Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its impeccable government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher grades in that area, with an A-. This is a much better grade than the place's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category scores came in the category of short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a B. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this category. Our short-term care ratings are probably most important for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Symphony of Hanover Park?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-, which is a decent grade. Our nursing grade includes several datapoints, however, the most important consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this statistic. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this nursing home did not perform well. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is this nursing home's worst category grade. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Symphony of Hanover Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 29.8% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 87.49% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' well-being.
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Symphony of Hanover Park, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 1.3 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Fmc - Schaumburg2.96 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis2.97 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center3.97 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates5.12 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center5.44 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center5.47 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center6.08 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove6.62 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711