Located in Oswego, Illinois, Symphony at the Tillers is the only nursing home we were able to find in this city. Featuring an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. Based on our assessment, this facility has quite a bit going for it. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Symphony at the Tillers
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Oswego senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this facility performed well in our short-term care category. We awarded it an impressive grade of A for that category. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing grades are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Symphony at the Tillers?
Moving on to another of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection rating. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Our inspection grades are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a C. While this ended up being its weakest category score, this is still not a terrible score. In determining these long-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Symphony at the Tillers Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Symphony at the Tillers, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Symphony at the Tillers, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Symphony at the Tillers, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Symphony at the Tillers, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Symphony at the Tillers, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Symphony at the Tillers, 31.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Symphony at the Tillers, 87.05% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Symphony at the Tillers, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Symphony at the Tillers, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Symphony at the Tillers, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Symphony at the Tillers, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Symphony at the Tillers, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Symphony at the Tillers, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Valley West Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.35 miles away1301 North Main Street Sandwich Illinois 60548Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 786-8484
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.39 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.99 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Fmc - Oswego2.03 miles away1051 Station Dr. Oswego Illinois 60543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (630) 554-4783
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd5.45 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Yorkville Dialysis Center LLC6.28 miles away1400 N. Beecher Road Yorkville Illinois 60560Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 553-6952
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center7.4 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fkc - East Aurora7.43 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fmc - Plainfield North8.34 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Fmc - Plainfield10.14 miles away2320 Michas Drive Plainfield Illinois 60586Dialysis Stations: 15 (815) 230-2267
- Fmc - Naperbrook11.3 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769