Sutton Hill Center is a large nursing home in North Andover, Massachusetts. With an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is among the higher-rated facilities we looked at. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Sutton Hill Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, we gave it one of our best scores in that category with an A. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. Our short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Sutton Hill Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In computing a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B+. This finished off an elite profile. Not many nursing homes received a B+ or better in each of our categories. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 57.72152 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a bit less than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sutton Hill Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sutton Hill Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sutton Hill Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sutton Hill Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who have sustained urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sutton Hill Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sutton Hill Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sutton Hill Center, 1.93% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sutton Hill Center, 91.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sutton Hill Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sutton Hill Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Sutton Hill Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sutton Hill Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sutton Hill Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sutton Hill Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 12.32 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.74 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home5.66 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers7.12 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Fresenius Medical Care of Methuen8.21 miles away421 Merrimack Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Dialysis Stations: 21 (978) 975-3117
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley8.32 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900
- Fmc Services of Stoneham9.5 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Peabody Dialysis Center9.94 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell9.99 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center10.83 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052