Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Chesterfield, Missouri. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the United States. Even in a city featuring 10 other nursing homes, this nursing home is a great option. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section
Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
14701 Olive Blvd,
Chesterfield MO 63017
60.75% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Chesterfield, Missouri Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This exemplary nursing home also performed remarkably in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A+. Very few nursing homes performed better in this category. In crafting these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. When calculating a facility's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses are seeing patients as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent grade in that category, with a C. While this isn't as high as several of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 88.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Chesterfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Chesterfield, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.04 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center3.2 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Town and Country West Dialysis4.02 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Fmc - Creve Coeur4.82 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Ellisville Dialysis Center5.93 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC6.6 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Saint Louis West Dialysis6.93 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center7.13 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis7.8 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311