Sunterra Springs Springfield is a senior living facility in Springfield, Missouri, a city with a population of 219,752 people. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this nursing home outpaced the vast majority of the nursing homes in Springfield by a sizable margin. You flat out can't do any better than this nursing home. As you can find below, this facility performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Sunterra Springs Springfield
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection grades are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. It does not look like we were able to find deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A. Very few nursing homes performed better in this category. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunterra Springs Springfield?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its remarkable profile, this facility also received a strong long-term care score, with a score of A. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category we scored, this facility was given a very favorable grade of A in our nursing category. With this score, the facility finished off a straight A profile. Our nursing rating assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunterra Springs Springfield Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sunterra Springs Springfield, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunterra Springs Springfield, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Springfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Springfield, Missouri has 17 other nursing homes
- Cox Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 1.42 miles away3801 South National Avenue Springfield Missouri 65807Voluntary non-profit - Private(417) 269-6000
- Mercy Hospital SpringfieldAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away1235 E Cherokee Springfield Missouri 65804Voluntary non-profit - Private(417) 820-2000
- Lakeland Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 5.7 miles away440 S Market Springfield Missouri 65806Proprietary(417) 865-5581
- Ozarks Dialysis Services - Primrose1.59 miles away1001 E. Primrose Springfield Missouri 65807Dialysis Stations: 1 (417) 875-3307
- Ozarks Dialysis Services - South2.12 miles away3525 S National Ste 108 Springfield Missouri 65807CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (417) 269-7082
- Fmc - Springfield Midwest4.15 miles away2003 E Sunshine St Springfield Missouri 65804Dialysis Stations: 30 (417) 882-2413
- Fmc - Nixa5.71 miles away121 N Massey Nixa Missouri 65714Dialysis Stations: 12 (417) 724-1177
- Springfield North Dialysis8.06 miles away1007 E Kearney St Springfield Missouri 65803Dialysis Stations: 16 (417) 873-9926
- Fmc - Springfield North8.88 miles away3359 W Kearney St Springfield Missouri 65803Dialysis Stations: 16 (417) 866-7266