Located in Independence, Missouri, Sunterra Springs Independence is one of nine facilities in the area. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. If you take a look at the other options in Independence, we are confident you will find this facility to be a better option than most of the nursing homes in the city. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Sunterra Springs Independence
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Independence, Missouri Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received even higher grades for short-term care. It earned one of our best grades in that area with a score of A. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that area. Our inspection grades are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunterra Springs Independence?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. In computing a facility's nursing grade, we look at the number of hours nurses are with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst category was long-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. For this category, we awarded this facility an D. We wanted to draw your attention to this possible area of weakness, however, you should not dwell on a single weak category either. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means the facility didn't perform well in our measures relating to patient care. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted vaccination data. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunterra Springs Independence Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sunterra Springs Independence, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunterra Springs Independence, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Independence, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Independence, Missouri has 8 other nursing homes
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away201 Nw R D Mize Rd Blue Springs Missouri 64014Voluntary non-profit - Church(816) 228-5900
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.27 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 11.99 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 12.11 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Eastland Dialysis0.99 miles away19101 E Valley View Pkwy Ste E Independence Missouri 64055Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 795-6018
- Fmc - Centerpoint3.9 miles away19401 E 37th Terrace Court South Suite 200 Independence Missouri 64057Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 795-6559
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown5.64 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Fmc - Blue Springs6.03 miles away505 Ne Adams Dairy Parkway Suite B Blue Springs Missouri 64014CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (816) 229-2400
- Independence Dialysis Center6.04 miles away1135 S. Claremont Independence Missouri 64054Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 836-1220
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis7.53 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center7.56 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Swope Dialysis9.53 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201