Sunrise Manor is an average-sized facility in Amelia, Ohio. This nursing home is a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. You can definitely do worse than this place. We were also pleased to discover that this nursing home received consistently decent grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories is available below.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3434 State Route 132,
Amelia OH 45102
72.43% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection grade which is stronger than its overall score. Inspection scores are tied to a nursing home's recent government inspections. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunrise Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area was long-term care. We gave it a B- in this category. This is essentially a middle of the pack grade in this area. Long-term care grades focus on a nursing home's assistance with daily living instead of the highly skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this nursing home was given a grade of C for short-term care, which is generally a respectable grade. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunrise Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunrise Manor, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunrise Manor, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunrise Manor, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunrise Manor, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunrise Manor, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunrise Manor, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunrise Manor, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunrise Manor, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunrise Manor, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunrise Manor, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sunrise Manor, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunrise Manor, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 14.74 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.9 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 18.05 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 18.07 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.11 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 19.47 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- Davita - Ohio Pike Dialysis1.14 miles away1761 State Route 125, Suite G Amelia Ohio 45102Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 797-0713
- Davita - Batavia Dialysis5.1 miles away4000 Golden Age Drive Batavia Ohio 45103Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 735-0700
- Davita - Eastgate Dialysis6.7 miles away4435 Aicholtz Road, Suite 800a Cincinnati Ohio 45245Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 752-5544
- Targhee Dialysis LLC6.86 miles away4435 Aicholtz Drive, Suite 800b Cincinnati Ohio 45245Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 752-8301
- Dialysis Clinic Inc8.54 miles away4600 Beechwood Rd., Suite 900 Cincinnati Ohio 45244Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 528-3222
- Davita - Anderson Dialysis9.14 miles away7502 State Road Suite, 1160 Cincinnati Ohio 45255CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 624-0400
- Davita - Clermont Inc12.21 miles away5901 Montclair Blvd, Suite 100 Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 248-0593
- Fmc-Milford LLC12.43 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690