Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Featuring an overall grade of C, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. Fort Lauderdale received a city grade of B+, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's overall grade was propped up by the fact that it has earned favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a grade of B+. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we awarded this nursing home a B in our long-term care category. This happens to be one of our more impressive grades. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.10964 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is significantly below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care, which ended up being this facility's weakest category. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area, which is clearly a major disappointment. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Given its score in this area, we were not surprised to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the data we assessed. Finally, we considered the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who experienced a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunrise Health & Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 18 other nursing homes
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Cleveland Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away3100 Weston Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33331Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 689-5000
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.31 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Davita Inverrary Dialysis2.04 miles away4984 N University Drive Fort Lauderdale Florida 33351Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 748-1659
- Fmc - Tamarac2.44 miles away7059 Nw 88th Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (954) 721-0093
- Pine Island Kidney Center2.68 miles away1871 N Pine Island Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33322Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 916-8958
- Tamarac Artificial Kidney Center2.7 miles away7140 W Mcnab Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 720-5336
- Fmc - Plantation3.42 miles away849 N Nob Hill Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33324Dialysis Stations: 19 (954) 382-0151
- Plantation Home Training3.95 miles away8144 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33324Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 473-9138
- Florida Kidney Center3.98 miles away7309 West Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 578-7678
- Ft Lauderdale Dixie Dialysis4.09 miles away1299 East Commercial Blvd #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 776-6056