Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Sunnyvale, California. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a solid choice for most people. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B+. Our nursing rating includes a variety of datapoints. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was awarded favorable long-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded it one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of B. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.60159 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is short-term care, in which this facility was given a grade of B. This nursing home did not end up having any weak spots. Our short-term care ratings are critical for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunnyvale Post-Acute Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Sunnyvale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Sunnyvale, California has 3 other nursing homes
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 3.39 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Davita El Camino Dialysis1.84 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View2.39 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Wellbound of Mountain View2.39 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale2.95 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center3.66 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- San Jose at Home4.78 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center4.84 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek4.9 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777