Sunnyside Conv. Hospital is an average-sized facility located in Fresno, California. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a good rating. You can certainly do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Sunnyside Conv. Hospital
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2939 S. Peach Avenue,
Fresno CA 93725
53.63% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall score, we also wanted to note that this nursing home received favorable nursing marks this year. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a B+. This proved to be the facility's top score. There are a number of factors within this grade. Most of these factors reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to note that this facility received positive short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our higher scores in this category, with a grade of B+. This turned out to be the facility's second best score. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunnyside Conv. Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this area. This is basically a middle of the pack grade in this area. In computing our long-term care ratings, we assess the assistance with daily living received by a nursing home's residents. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we looked at is inspections. This ended up being this facility's weakest link. We gave it a D in this category. Since this data is collected by independent government inspectors, we weight it heavily in our assessment. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home had 2 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 4 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunnyside Conv. Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 4.32% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 96.21% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Scores for Fresno, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Fresno, California has 19 other nursing homes
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.31 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 14 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- Community Dialysis Center5.02 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901
- Fmc Fresno Airport East5.07 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Ash Tree Dialysis5.56 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- San Joaquin Valley Dialysis6.87 miles away3636 North First #144 Fresno California 93726CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (559) 221-6311
- Sanger Sequoia Dialysis Center8.04 miles away2517 Jensen Avenue Building B Sanger California 93657CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 876-3852
- Fmc North Fresno Dialysis9.74 miles away6737 N. Willow Bldg C Fresno California 93710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (559) 324-1070
- Selma Dialysis Center9.97 miles away2711 Cinema Way #111 Selma California 93662CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 891-2750
- Community Dialysis Center - Clovis10.49 miles away501 North Medical Center Dr East, Suite 1100 Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 12 (559) 324-4030