Sunnyside Conv. Hospital is located in the large metropolitan area of Fresno, California which has a population of 570,271 people. This nursing home is a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. The nursing homes in Fresno received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Sunnyside Conv. Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
We gave this facility one of our better scores in the area of nursing, with an A-. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to point out that this facility was given positive short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our higher grades in that category, with a grade of B+. This turned out to be the facility's second strongest score. Short-term care grades are generally employed to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunnyside Conv. Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
The third most favorable category we gave this facility in any area came in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for people requiring more traditional services associated with activities of daily living. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very solid datapoint. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final category we looked at is inspections. We gave it a C in this category. This is basically a middle of the pack grade in this category. Nevertheless, it wasn't as favorable as some of this nursing home's other grades. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in categories G through L. This indicates it dodged the more serious classes of deficiencies. We did not find anything on this place's inspection report to be overly concerning.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunnyside Conv. Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care patients which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents that had falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that have suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunnyside Conv. Hospital, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Fresno, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Fresno, California has 19 other nursing homes
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.31 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 14 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- Community Dialysis Center5.02 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901
- Fmc Fresno Airport East5.07 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Ash Tree Dialysis5.56 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- San Joaquin Valley Dialysis6.87 miles away3636 North First #144 Fresno California 93726CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (559) 221-6311
- Sanger Sequoia Dialysis Center8.04 miles away2517 Jensen Avenue Building B Sanger California 93657CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 876-3852
- Fmc North Fresno Dialysis9.74 miles away6737 N. Willow Bldg C Fresno California 93710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (559) 324-1070
- Selma Dialysis Center9.97 miles away2711 Cinema Way #111 Selma California 93662CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 891-2750
- Community Dialysis Center - Clovis10.49 miles away501 North Medical Center Dr East, Suite 1100 Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 12 (559) 324-4030