Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. This city is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a population of 489,514 people. This nursing home proved to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of C. This grade is not too far off the city grade for Raleigh, which is a B-. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Wound Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
One of this nursing home's higher category grades was in the area of short-term care. This ended up being its second best category. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. Our short-term care scores are probably most important for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only earned a grade of D for its long-term care score, which is not one of our better scores. For residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Moving on to the final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D in the area of nursing. This is the facility's least impressive category grade. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who experienced falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 3.01% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 87.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunnybrook Rehabilitation Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Raleigh, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Raleigh, North Carolina has 11 other nursing homes
- WakemedAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away3000 New Bern Ave Raleigh North Carolina 27610Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 350-8000
- Duke Health Raleigh HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away3400 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh North Carolina 27609Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 954-3000
- Rex HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh North Carolina 27607Government - State(919) 784-3100
- WakemedAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away1900 Kildare Farm Road Cary North Carolina 27518Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 350-2550
- Raleigh Dialysis Clinic Inc1.21 miles away3943 New Bern Ave, Suite 100 Raleigh North Carolina 27610CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (919) 231-3146
- Fmc New Hope Dialysis2.08 miles away835 South New Hope Road Raleigh North Carolina 27610CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (919) 231-3700
- Fresenius Medical Care Central Raleigh3.09 miles away802 Semart Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (919) 832-2644
- Oak City Dialysis5.16 miles away3645 Trust Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27616Dialysis Stations: 10 (919) 876-6827
- Fmcna Southwest Wake Dialysis5.22 miles away320 Gideon Creek Way Raleigh North Carolina 27603CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (919) 771-1022
- Fmc Wake Dialysis Clinic6.75 miles away3604 Bush Street Raleigh North Carolina 27609CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (919) 876-7501
- Fresenius Medical Care White Oak6.83 miles away520 Timber Drive East Suite 105 Garner North Carolina 27529Dialysis Stations: 12 (919) 779-6001
- Fms Six Forks Dialysis Clinic8.69 miles away3411 West Millbrook Rd Raleigh North Carolina 27613CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (919) 781-8974