Located in Nampa, Idaho, Sunny Ridge is one of six available nursing homes there. This proved to be an A rated facility. It received one of the top scores we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the country. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Sunny Ridge has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. We analyzed the skill-level of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses worked with residents, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this nursing home fared very well in our long-term care category. We awarded them an elite score of A+ in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunny Ridge?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is short-term care. This facility fared very well in our short-term care category as well. We gave them an exemplary score of A+ in this area. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
On top of its other impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of B+ for its inspection rating. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunny Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunny Ridge, 5.83% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunny Ridge, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunny Ridge, 2.27% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunny Ridge, 18.17% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunny Ridge, 16.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunny Ridge, 7.56% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunny Ridge, 89.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunny Ridge, 13.51% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunny Ridge, 19.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunny Ridge, 19.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunny Ridge, 75.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Nampa, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Nampa, Idaho has 5 other nursing homes
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- West Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away1717 Arlington Street Caldwell Idaho 83605Proprietary(208) 459-4641
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.5 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.41 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa0.9 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Nampa Dialysis Center4.03 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180
- Caldwell Dialysis Center8.99 miles away4716 Beacon Ln Caldwell Idaho 83605Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 454-8260
- Liberty Dialysis - Caldwell9.44 miles away4620 Enterprise Way Ste 101 Caldwell Idaho 83605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (208) 454-1101
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center11.33 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian11.68 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Table Rock Dialysis Center16.6 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise19.12 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315