Located in Nampa, Idaho, Sunny Ridge is one of six available nursing homes there. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of the highest scores that we offer. A score of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. Not surprisingly, this turned out to be one of the three best facilities in the city. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2609 Sunnybrook Drive,
Nampa ID 83686
66.51% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Sunny Ridge has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Idaho Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Nampa, Idaho Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Idaho Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Nampa, Idaho Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility also earned an excellent short-term care grade, with an A. Our short-term care scores are critical for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received a superb grade of A in our long-term care area. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunny Ridge?
Moving on to another of this facility's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection grade. In that category, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B+. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The next area we assessed was nursing, where this nursing home was awarded a B. Even though this wound up being its worst category rating, this is nevertheless an above average grade. In computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunny Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunny Ridge, 5.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunny Ridge, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunny Ridge, 2.48% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients which have had UTI's. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunny Ridge, 17.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunny Ridge, 16.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunny Ridge, 7.97% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunny Ridge, 89.29% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunny Ridge, 13.52% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunny Ridge, 18.02% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunny Ridge, 18.02 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunny Ridge, 75.93% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Nampa, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Nampa, Idaho has 5 other nursing homes
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- West Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away1717 Arlington Street Caldwell Idaho 83605Proprietary(208) 459-4641
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.5 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.41 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa0.9 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Nampa Dialysis Center4.03 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180
- Caldwell Dialysis Center8.99 miles away4716 Beacon Ln Caldwell Idaho 83605Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 454-8260
- Liberty Dialysis - Caldwell9.44 miles away4620 Enterprise Way Ste 101 Caldwell Idaho 83605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (208) 454-1101
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center11.33 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian11.68 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Table Rock Dialysis Center16.6 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise19.12 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315