Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County is one of nine nursing homes located in Joliet, Illinois. This proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades that we offer. We could not find many bad things to say about this facility. Its ratings are as good as they get. This nursing home also received impressive ratings in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - City/county
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Joliet, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Joliet, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Joliet, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 97.8903 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A+. We weighed the qualifications of nurses at the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our grade in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County?
This nursing home also earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best scores in that category, with an A. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this facility received an impressive grade grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home rounded out a straight A profile. Our short-term care grades are likely most critical for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Joliet, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Joliet, Illinois has 8 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.29 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.11 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.4 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.82 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Fmc - Joliet1.78 miles away721 East Jackson Street Joliet Illinois 60432CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (815) 726-8619
- Sun Health3.51 miles away2121 Oneida St Suite 104 Joliet Illinois 60435Dialysis Stations: 17 (815) 725-7886
- Davita - Renal Care Center New Lenox5.04 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Suite 150 New Lenox Illinois 60451CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (815) 320-3049
- Davita - New Lenox Home5.11 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Ste 465 New Lenox Illinois 60451Dialysis Stations: 3 (815) 462-3971
- Affiliated Dialysis of Joliet5.2 miles away1352 Houbolt Rd Joliet Illinois 60431Dialysis Stations: 1 (815) 630-5530
- Davita - West Joliet5.36 miles away1051 Essington Road Suite 160 Joliet Illinois 60435CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (815) 725-3275
- Fmc - Plainfield8.82 miles away2320 Michas Drive Plainfield Illinois 60586Dialysis Stations: 15 (815) 230-2267
- Fkc - Mokena Dialysis9.4 miles away8910 W. 192nd Street, Suite a & B Mokena Illinois 60448Dialysis Stations: 14 (708) 478-1815