Sunharbor Manor is a nursing home located in Roslyn Heights, New York. The city has a population of 12,337 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this place. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
255 Warner Avenue,
Roslyn Heights NY 11577
84.92% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for inspections. Inspection grades are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable long-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.49164 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Sunharbor Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this nursing home also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. Our short-term care grades are considered to be most meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The final category we assessed is nursing, turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that area. This really was one of the few weak points in an otherwise impressive profile. Our nursing rating weighs many data points. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sunharbor Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sunharbor Manor, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sunharbor Manor, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have suffered a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sunharbor Manor, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sunharbor Manor, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sunharbor Manor, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sunharbor Manor, 13.2% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sunharbor Manor, 91.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sunharbor Manor, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sunharbor Manor, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Sunharbor Manor, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sunharbor Manor, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sunharbor Manor, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sunharbor Manor, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 1.69 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 5.95 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Nyu Langone Hospitals0.07 miles away255 Warner Avenue Roslyn Heights New York 11577Dialysis Stations: 3 (516) 626-8355
- Davita Port Washington Dialysis Center1.76 miles away50 Seaview Blvd Port Washington New York 11050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (516) 484-3460
- Davita Julia and Israel Waldbaum Dialysis3.16 miles away100 Community Drive Waldbaum Dialysis Center Great Neck New York 11021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (516) 465-8250
- Nyu Langone Hospitals3.66 miles away200 Old Country Road The Dialysis Center Mineola New York 11501CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 663-9012
- Queens-Long Island Renal Institute4.59 miles away271-11 76th Avenue New Hyde Park New York 11040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (718) 289-2600
- New Hyde Park Dialysis Center4.59 miles awayNew Hyde Park Dialysis Center 1574 Hillside Avenue New Hyde Park New York 11040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 327-5555
- Lij Medical Center4.59 miles away270-05 76th Avenue Dialysis Unit 7th Floor New Hyde Park New York 11040Dialysis Stations: 6 (718) 470-7820
- Davita Garden City Dialysis Center4.71 miles away1100 Stewart Avenue Suite 2 Garden City New York 11530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 357-0004