Suncrest Healthcare Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Phoenix, Arizona with a total of 1,312,922 people. This proved to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Phoenix. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Suncrest Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Suncrest Healthcare Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are largely tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this facility was given an acceptable long-term care grade of C. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After we finished assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.54751 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Suncrest Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who have experienced falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 2.87% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 81.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Suncrest Healthcare Center, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 22 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 6.34 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Raven Dialysis Center (Dva)1.91 miles away3540 E Baseline Rd Ste 110 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 431-2110
- South Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)2.42 miles away4621 S Central Ave Phoenix Arizona 85040Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 304-1977
- Tempe Dialysis (Fmc)4.16 miles away1449 W Southern Ave Tempe Arizona 85282CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (480) 967-6360
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)4.18 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954
- Maricopa Medical Ctr - Dialysis4.48 miles away2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix Arizona 85008CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (602) 344-1601
- Evergreen Park Dialysis5.32 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Phoenix Childrens Hospital- Dialysis Center5.86 miles away1920 E Cambridge Rd Ste 102 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 6 (602) 933-3220
- Fresenius Kidney Care Desert Sage5.95 miles away4901 W Mcdowell Road Suite 120 Phoenix Arizona 85035Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 272-3116