Suites at Clermont Park Care Center is in Denver, Colorado, which is one of the largest cities in the nation. We gave this nursing home an impressive overall rating of A. In fact, we ranked it as the third best nursing home in Denver. In spite of Denver offering 43 other nursing homes to choose from, this facility stood out as a fine selection. If you look below, you can see this place's category grades, which appear to be equally strong as its overall score.
Suites at Clermont Park Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2480 South Clermont Street,
Denver CO 80222
90.95% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. With our short-term care score, we strive to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. This facility excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is generally an excellent sign. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in this area with 76.8 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most facilities.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Suites at Clermont Park Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end resume, this facility also was awarded a superb long-term care grade, with a score of A. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 72.72727 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to our last area, this facility received a high-end nursing rating. We gave it an A- in this category, giving this facility straight A's. Our nursing score looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This place provided 3.8 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Roughly one-fourth of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are among the most skilled nurses. This is a high percentage of skilled nursing care. We weight these hours more in determining our nursing ratings. Finally, we also assessed certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these areas as good measures of the quality of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Suites at Clermont Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 5.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 3.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 2.12% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 12.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 3.71% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 85.88% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 20.54% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 20.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 11.36 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Suites at Clermont Park Care Center, 75.04% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 42 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.15 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)2.23 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)2.26 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)2.88 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)3.49 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)3.69 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)3.82 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)4.31 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)5 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107