Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is in Patchogue, New York, a city with 44,837 people. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is among the better nursing homes we looked at. We couldn't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its grades are impeccable. Scroll down to see this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Patchogue senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among its many dominant grades, this facility received a top-shelf long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.45652 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Few facilities received a better grade in this category. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to measure a facility's rehabilitation services To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The final area we graded was nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable grades in this area, with a B. Even though this isn't as dominant as some of its other grades, it is still an excellent grade. Our nursing score analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as reliable measures of the caliber of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 4.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 0.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 28.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 34.65% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 97.55% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 15.88% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 10.85% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels.
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 10.85% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 11.3% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, 69.52% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Long Island Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.15 miles away101 Hospital Road Patchogue New York 11772Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 654-7100
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital of Port JeffersonAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away75 North Country Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 473-1320
- St Charles HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.83 miles away200 Belle Terre Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 474-6000
- Southside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away301 East Main Street Bay Shore New York 11706Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 968-3000
- St Catherine of Siena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.38 miles away50 Route 25a Smithtown New York 11787Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 862-3000
- Pilgrim Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 15.22 miles away998 Crooked Hill Road Brentwood New York 11717Government - State(631) 761-3500
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.99 miles away1000 Montauk Highway West Islip New York 11795Voluntary non-profit - Church(631) 376-3000
- Long Island Community Hospital1.19 miles away109 West Main Street Dialysis Satellite Patchogue New York 11772CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 687-2828
- Long Island Community Hospital1.2 miles away101 Hospital Road Patchogue New York 11772Dialysis Stations: 6 (631) 654-7160
- Davita Medford Kidney Center3.86 miles away1725 North Ocean Avenue Medford New York 11763CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (631) 289-8000
- Coram Dialysis Center7.78 miles away1500 Middle Country Road Centereach New York 11720Dialysis Stations: 16 (631) 716-8758
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.10.46 miles away200 Carleton Avenue East Islip New York 11730CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (631) 581-0897
- Stony Brook Kidney Center, Dci10.56 miles away26 Research Way East Setauket New York 11733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (631) 444-0502
- Fms-Central Suffolk Akc11.07 miles away5225 Nesconset Highway Unit #72 - Bldg.9 Port Jefferson Station New York 11776CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 331-5600
- Hauppauge Dialysis Center11.77 miles away30 Central Avenue Hauppauge New York 11788CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (631) 761-6605