Studio City Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Studio City, California. This nursing home received an overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor score. As far as we can see, we would be very reluctant to recommend this nursing home. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Studio City Rehabilitation Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11429 Ventura Blvd,
Studio City CA 91604
92.54% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we wanted to note its decent health inspections in recent years. We gave it a relatively respectable grade of B- in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second highest category was its long-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of B-. Long-term care grades focus on a facility's assistance with daily living instead of the skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility administered the vaccine to 99.65035 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable percentage. The last statistic we assessed is the facility's hospitalization rate. While it had 2.48 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was not too far off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Studio City Rehabilitation Center?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. With 4.6 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this nursing home surpassed the national average. We also look at the skill levels of nurses and add more weight to hours worked by skilled nurses. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as minimizing major falls. This facility performed admirably in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is short-term care. We gave it an F in this category, which is a very poor score. In computing these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. In this nursing home's case, it looks like it offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents that returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 33.3 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Studio City Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 4.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 96.21% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Studio City Rehabilitation Center, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.45 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 5.88 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 6.34 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Davita-North Hollywood Dialysis3.41 miles away12126 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood California 91606CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (818) 980-5070
- Fmc-Burbank3.43 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830
- u.s. Renal Care Sherman Oaks Dialysis4.24 miles away4955 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 111 Sherman Oaks California 91403Dialysis Stations: 18 (818) 285-5913
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center4.46 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis4.59 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- Davita-Burbank Dialysis4.73 miles away1211 N. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank California 91504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 842-5576
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center5.06 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles5.08 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788