Stratford Court of Palm Harbor is a small nursing home in Palm Harbor, Florida. Sporting an overall score of A+, this nursing home is one of the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong here. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Stratford Court of Palm Harbor
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Stratford Court of Palm Harbor has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Palm Harbor senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Palm Harbor, Florida Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Palm Harbor, Florida Awards 2021
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility performed well in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few places performed as well in this area. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility fared very well in our short-term care rating. We awarded them a dominant grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more meaningful for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Stratford Court of Palm Harbor?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this facility received an extremely favorable long-term care grade. We awarded it an A in this category, rounding out a straight A profile. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stratford Court of Palm Harbor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 6.42% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 14.17% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 32.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 2.7% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 98.63% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 9.28% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 29.2% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 29.2% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 5.44% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 73.36% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 15.97 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater1.98 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Bma - Clearwater3.87 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin4.07 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4.39 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC6.15 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- Fresenius Kidney Care Town and Country9.48 miles away5951 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615Dialysis Stations: 14 (813) 243-6130
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center9.71 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies9.71 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913