Stratford Court of Palm Harbor is a small nursing home in Palm Harbor, Florida. Sporting an overall score of A+, this nursing home is one of the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong here. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Stratford Court of Palm Harbor
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility performed well in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few places performed as well in this area. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Stratford Court of Palm Harbor?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are believed to be most important for individuals requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was long-term care. This incredible facility also excelled in this area, where it was given an A+. This completed a spectacular profile of four A+'s. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stratford Court of Palm Harbor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 2.43% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 15.97 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater1.98 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Bma - Clearwater3.87 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin4.07 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4.39 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC6.15 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- Fresenius Kidney Care Town and Country9.48 miles away5951 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615Dialysis Stations: 14 (813) 243-6130
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center9.71 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies9.71 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913